Following the train bombing, Vladimir Putin did the tough guy thing again, and said he would “break the spine” of the terrorists behind the attack. Blogging over at RCW, Greg Scoblete compiles some of his other favorite Putinisms. Anything to add?
5. “Russia doesn’t negotiate with terrorists. Russia destroys them.” – Nov. 2005.
4. “If they’re in the airport,” Putin said, “we’ll kill them there … and excuse me, but if we find them in the toilet, we’ll exterminate them in their outhouses.” – Sept. 1999.
3. Such “rumors,” Putin said, “they picked from a nose and smeared onto their papers.” – Feb. 2008.
2. “You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place.” – Nov. 2003
1. “If you want to become an Islamic radical and have yourself circumcised, I invite you to come to Moscow. I would recommend that he who does the surgery does it so you’ll have nothing growing back, afterward.” – 2002.